Saturday, June 9, 2018

Hitting the Road

My mom lives on a couple acres in west TN. It's pretty quiet out there except for the crickets and frogs at night. The Memphis humidity is never a picnic but she has a pool that she doesn't have to share with anyone. It's a nice trade. The drive is only about 3 hours, and we make it several times a year.  After the rough season we had over the last football season, we're in need of a bit of a break - a moment to breathe, relax, and recharge. So, we hit the road Friday morning to do just that...myself, one husband, 3 kids, and 2 pups!



Fortunately, I got a fresh pedicure and manicure the day before. You can generally find me barefoot all over the football fields so I like to treat myself at the end of each season. A cup of coffee, a massaging chair, and a nice pink color is just what I needed. 


I wasn't sure I'd like the color, honestly. I tend to like bolder colors for the summer. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I love this color. It's new from OPI, called Tagus That Selfie

We spent a couple of hours Friday afternoon in the pool. Then Theo and I got a little dressed up for a night out. A nice dinner at Firebirds (grilled shrimp & spinach salad always a fabulous choice!), a little walk around the outdoor shopping center, and then to a local creamery for dessert. My ice cream looked so good that I didn't even snap a pic before I dove in! 

PB Crunch topped with hot fudge!



We don't get many chances to get out without having to parent the kids from the dinner table. So we took full advantage of having a sitter (thanks, mom!) and stayed out until almost 10 o'clock! That's a pretty late night for us, haha!

A hot walk for me this morning, followed by a cold breakfast, and now it's time to spend the weekend lounging by the pool. Don't be too jealous - enjoy your weekend, friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment