Monday, June 11, 2018

Weekend Wrap-up

Wrapping up the weekend for you on this Monday afternoon. We spent the weekend a few hours away at my mom's house, chilling by the pool. The plan was to do nothing, and we mostly did just that.

Private pool, burgers on the grill = WIN!


We had a surprise visit by cousin, whom I haven't seen in a couple of years. She's great company and makes for good laughs and conversation. We spent lots of time in the pool with some very loud and rowdy little boys (no pics because they move too fast!). Dinner was served up on the grill with sides of fresh fruit - a perfect summer poolside meal. I even convinced one of my pups to take a dip in the pool. It was not his favorite moments. I think it was more fun for me than it was for him.

With my mom's house being out in the country, we are able to see some pretty cool things like fireflies, pond turtles, bullfrogs. We don't get to see that in the suburbs where we live. We had the pleasure of watching a squirrel have his breakfast early Sunday morning.


Mushrooms! It's what's for breakfast!



We were able to get pretty close to him while he chowed down on his mushroom. I inched just a little closer to try to take a better photo and spooked him. He grabbed what he could in his little squirrel hands and up the tree he went. Lukas and Isaak thought this was quite an adventure!

We met up with my brother in law for breakfast and catching up on Sunday morning, then it was back in the pool for the day! 

A long, relaxing weekend was just what we needed, along with a change in the scenery for a minute. We headed out early Monday morning. As much as I love little getaways, it's always good to be home! 

Tell me, friends, what did you do with your weekend?





No comments:

Post a Comment