Monday, March 28, 2016

Back at it

Hi! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend. We traveled and spent some time with family, and ate way too much dessert.

I began the Lupron injections four days ago as planned, so we are officially underway with the meds. I'm very happy that I have no noticeable side effects to report. Wahoo! I will hang out on the Lupron for a bit; we'll check the ovaries in a little over a week, then we can move on to prepping that lining!

Last week, the twins turned 5! C and I have been in touch a bit and we are hoping to get together when I head up for this transfer in April. They live very close to our clinic. Of course, we'll have to see if the timing works out for everyone, but I'm so excited at the idea of getting to see them as they get ready for Kindergarten in the fall! It really does seem like I just delivered them yesterday. They're so sweet - I can't wait!

My littlest is playing flag football for the spring. Daddy is coaching and I'm team mom'ing, so that'll keep us busy in the meantime!

Thanks for checking in with me, friends!

Friday, March 18, 2016

It's here!

It's finally here! No, I am not talking about my good ol' Auntie Flo, although she did indeed arrive. Aaaaand, I'm willing to bet that wasn't your biggest concern anyway. ;)

What I'm really excited about is to finally have an official timeline and transfer date, wahoo!!! The delay since my last posting (over 2 weeks ago!) has been simple coordination between the clinic, K & J, and myself about the actual date. Communication between several parties can be a bit slow, I suppose. But that's no matter anymore, because we have a date! We will have our second transfer attempt on April 28. As I type that date, it seems like it's so far away!

We will be transferring two frozen embryos, and I will be on the same med protocol. I have been on birth control pills for a little over a week and will continue on those through the end of the month. On March 25, I will begin the Lupron (belly) injections for 12 days before beginning the estrace to start building the lining. I'll have two monitoring appointments prior to transfer, then we'll be on our way to Connecticut!

I cannot wait; I am so excited! Let's stay busy and pass this time, friends!

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A Plan in Place

We received the results from the embryo testing a couple of days ago. Since then, we have been working on getting a plan together for our next transfer. Of the three embryos that survived to testing, only one was deemed viable for transfer. K and J have decided to move forward with the transfer of that one little embie and we couldn't be more excited! The doctor also suggested that we transfer a remaining embryo from K's very first retrieval. That will give us a two embryo transfer, and while the remaining embryo did not undergo PGD testing, the doctor feels that two embryos increase our chances for a successful pregnancy.

We do not have a transfer date yet, and that is because I am waiting to begin birth control, which I can do when my cycle arrives. I am expecting that to be any day; really, I expected it a couple of days ago, but since we're actually waiting for it to arrive, I'm sure it will be late. Once I'm able to begin the pills, we think it will be about 6 weeks before we can attempt our second transfer. All I'm thinking (other than "On my gosh, I have to fly again!) is Connecticut weather should be nicer in the spring than it was in January.  In the meantime, I'm literally just waiting on my period. If that's not the weirdest thing on which to wait...

So, I guess I'll keep you all posted on- erm- Aunt Flo's arrival? I'm sure you'll be checking back often. ;)