I have officially been accepted by one of the agencies with whom I applied earlier, but they currently do not have any IP's who would consider a "no terminate" surrogate. So for now, that's a waiting game. Also, I'll add that this agency has been wonderful throughout the application process and I'd love to plug them here: Family Source Consultants.
I am still waiting to hear back from the other agency on my official acceptance. Their insurance risk management had some problems with my insurance's clarity in benefits and exclusions as it pertains to a surrogate pregnancy. After many phone calls to BCBS, my attorney, and to my husband's HR department, I think we are finally squared away. (I'll leave it at that lest I jump on a soapbox about healthcare and insurance companies!) Also, one of the RE's that they work with has declined to work with me due to the number of pregnancies I have had. This isn't unusual as many doctors have their own protocols; it does not concern me in the least. The agency has now sent my medical records to be reviewed by another facility to see if they will accept me. So at the moment, I am not "officially" accepted as a surrogate with this agency, but I will say that they too have been wonderful up to this point.
Now, for some EXCITING news! I mentioned in the previous post that my attorney was also working on a potential match for me. We have been able to make some progress here and I am meeting with the IM in a couple of days!! We are very fortunate that this family is much more local (a few hours away) than my previous families, so I'm hoping - if we do indeed decide to "match" with one another - that they will be able to more closely be involved due to their proximity. Also, it would be no flying for me (bonus!) as their chosen clinic is within driving distance. 😊
I'm looking forward to meeting her and I am hopeful everything will go well. I'll be back in a couple days with an update on that!
Thanks for hanging in with me, friends!