Monday, June 4, 2018

Weekend Wrap-up!

My little family and I had a super busy weekend! We don't thrive on all the busy-ness to say the least, so we may have needed ALL.THE.SLEEP come Sunday night!

I had a closing very early Friday morning (8am, before the office even opened 😮). It was a very quick closing and my buyers headed home to go back to bed. But not before I was able to offer them this "sweet" closing gift:

Too Pretty to Eat!
I had these cookies made by a local cookie artist, Midnight Bakes. They turned out so cute!

I spent the rest of Friday preparing for the final round of playoffs in our flag league that evening and getting ready to travel for Isaak's soccer tournament on Saturday. Friday night was full of flag games. Isaak's team won their second round of playoffs, putting them in the championship game scheduled for Sunday! 

After getting home late from the fields, we got up early Saturday morning, grabbed some Starbucks and hit the road to Cookeville, TN for the soccer tournament. 

It was hot, humid and sweaty in Cookeville. We brought Lukas along, and he did impressively well in the heat and the crowds. Isaak had some tough losses but we got to finish with a family dinner at Chili's. 



It was 10p before we got home. After unloading and showering, it was after 11p before we all got into bed. That's a pretty late night for us, with another early morning on tap to get set up for championship game day. 

Championship day went as well as can be expected in youth sports, especially youth football in the south. We had some unhappy parents and coaches who felt inclined to express those feelings to my husband. (That's the nicest way I can say that!). I guess that sort of things comes with the director role. Ironically, he's never been chewed out by the winning teams' coaches or parents. Perspective. Isaak's team lost their championship game, but placed 2nd in the age division, so good day. 



We are officially done with all sports for the season and plan to spend the summer by the pool, chilling. I have some things in the work and I'll share as I go along. Thanks for stopping by! 



No comments:

Post a Comment