Thursday, March 18, 2010

BabySteps

I have taken a big huge giant step towards my desire to be a surrogate mother. I have been actively persuing this by applying to surrogacy agencies (who match parents with surrogates) as well as contacting parents who have posted "ads" searching for surrogates. I am applying to be a Gestational Surrogate, which means my womb will house an embyro from other parents for 9 months.

During my application process, I have been denied by one agency and told my another to seek matches elsewhere due to my beliefs regarding the termination of a pregnancy and selective reduction. I had no idea how unpopular my beliefs would be in the surrogacy world, although it seems to be the most unpopular when going through an agency to find your match. I have had a coupe of agencies who have been encouraging, although honestly telling me that it would be hard and take time to match me with Intended Parents who feel the same as I do.

Currently, I am working with 2 agencies who seem to be "in my corner" so to speak with regards to my convictions about life.

I am so blessed to have the support of my husband, my mother, my sister, and some close friends. I am also grateful to an online community of surrogate mothers who have fed me with so much information and so much encouragement. This is not a decision my family and I have taken lightly, decided on a whim, or jumped into blindly. I would not want to do this on my own, so again, I'm so thankful for those of you who have been so positive about my decision. *You know who you are, so no shout-outs should be necessary, wink*

I hope this blog serves as a way to update you all who are supporting me and following me along the way. Knowing this process takes time, I cannot promise that this blog will be updated often. It really depends on when and how much progress is made. Hopefully, you'll be hearing from me again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment