Saturday, March 20, 2010

Phone "interview"

I did a phone "interview" this morning with a set of Potential Intended Parents (PIPs), C&M. I am calling it an interview because it was quite formal and was moderated by an attorney. I was more nervous than I expected to be, somewhat of a first-date jitter type feeling. We shared some basic things about lives and our desires about this journey. I would have liked for it to have been for casual, but I imagine the first conversation is always a little bit awkward.

Afterwards, each of us were supposed to notify the agency if we wished to have continue communication via personal email and phone numbers. We did! In fact, we both contacted our coordinator immediately. Since then C and I have exchanged a couple of emails. I confess I already feel a connection with her and have a desire to be bonded with her in friendship and surrogacy. We will continue to speak throughout the week and see if we are ready to move along to meeting one another and begin our journey together.

Remember that I mentioned I do have another interview later this week; the PIPs profile came to me within hours of C&M's profile. I can say that if C&M choose me, I will not be going forward with the other interview. I would not want any family to connect with me and allow them to get their hopes up only to tell them I had chosen someone else. I would think it best to not speak at all. I am saddened at the thought of having to break anyone's heart, as I know these families have had enough heartbreak in their lives already.

No comments:

Post a Comment