Tuesday, November 19, 2013

2nd cycle's a charm?

Our second cycle officially began November 9. I began estrace (to begin rebuilding the uterine lining) on November 15 and I remain on the Lupron injections. This time around, my doctor adjusted the estrace dosage to half from my the previous cycle, hoping to avoid another over-achieving uterus. Our tentative transfer date is set for December 6. Of course that is dependent upon the uterine lining this time. I will have another ultrasound on November 27 -- if that shows that my uterus is ready, then we will be a go. If not, we will have to adjust meds or possible even cancel the cycle again. Fingers crossed that does not happen! I think I would cry, again. But I'll tell you, it doesn't take much for that to happen these days anyway. I cannot be responsible for my actions while on these hormones. ;)

In the meantime, I am spending my days volunteering at my children's school and baking -- I blame the hormones for the ridiculous amount of sweet treats I've been baking, and eating, lately! But keeping busy will pass the time until next week's ultrasound. I'm a bit nervous about it.

I wish I had more to say about the surrogacy, but all I got for you is: I'm taking my meds and waiting.

But, if transfer date holds, I suspect I'll get to see some northeast snow first week of December? That will be interesting. And of course, we still plan on visiting the twins.

Here's hoping the 2nd cycle is a charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment