My kiddos have grown sooo much since the blog design...may be time to redo that! They are now 6, 9, 13, and 16. Yes, the 16 year old is driving, her own car (that was wrecked 2 weeks after she got it *not her fault*). My 6yr old just finished up his first season of tackle football; those were very fun games to watch! We also moved several months ago, which caused my 2 youngest to start a new school this year. Oh, and we got a cat. With this crew, I am obviously B-U-S-Y! Too busy to even keep this blog updated, until now...
C & M's twins turned 2 in March of this year. It feels like only yesterday I was posting their birth story! C keeps in regular contact with me and I get to see pictures of the twins often. I love watching them grow up in those photos. They are a busy bunch, too! While I had hoped to carry again for C & M, the timing is not right for them yet. I still have hope that I will get to carry for them again, in the future.
I have been working the surrogacy circuit over the last year, and I'm very happy to announce that I was matched with a fantastic couple (C & J) in July of this year. I am working the same agency (Worldwide Surrogacy) and clinic (Connecticut Fertility) as before. Since our match, contracts have been complete as well as medical testing. We have decided to transfer 2 embryos in hopes of having twins. I began fertility meds on Oct 4 with a planned transfer for Nov. 7. But I am posting from home instead of a cozy hotel room because that cycle was transferred. Boo. During my lining check, it was discovered that my lining was too thick - apparently, I am an overachiever ;) - and therefore not optimal conditions for a transfer.
We (C, J, my hubby, and myself) are all obviously bummed about this, but we know that this is just a minor setback, and we are ready to move forward with another cycle. Our current plan is for me to stop meds (except the Lupron injections), shed the uterine lining with the help of Provera (a not-so-nice hormone that makes me sad, and hungry), and begin Estrace again to rebuild the lining. We will get a new timeline and calendar when Cycle Day 1 shows up - it's expected any day now - but we have our fingers crossed for a transfer by the end of November if my body responds well this cycle.
Oh, and when we go back to CT, we hope to be able to visit C & M and actually see those sweet faces in person for the first time since they left the hospital!