Saturday, January 16, 2016

Getting cozy

We had our embryo transfer a couple of days ago as planned. Everything went off without a hitch. The RE remarked that my lining looked great and those embies went! I've been experiencing some minor cramping since shortly after the procedure. I'm hoping those are implantation cramps and that means those babies are getting cozy and making themselves at home. Of course, we won't know for sure until official beta blood test planned for January 25. I might take some home pregnancy tests beforehand -- we'll see. ;)

All in all, the trip was pretty great. We had some slight bumps on the way in: an hour flight delay and getting patted down and having my luggage checked by the TSA.

Yeah, it was kind of like that.

We received the full air travel experience, I suppose. The flight itself was also very bumpy. I'm not the best flyer (in fact, I hate flying), so the bumps and the tipsy descent due to wind conditions peaked my motion sickness. I could not wait to get off that plane!

We were able to meet the parents for the first time at the transfer appointment. That is always such a sweet experience. The parents and my husband were able to be in the room with me during the transfer. I'm glad for that.

Afterwards, we went back to the hotel for some rest. I was told to avoid strict bedrest but to stay off my feet as much as possible and to "keep optional activities to a minimum" for the first 36 hours after transfer. Um, being in a small hotel room kind of makes every activity optional, so it's entirely possible for me to remain nearly completely off my feet. My agency sent me a nice care package to keep me company during the rest:

I especially loved the jelly beans! Between that and the books and movies the hubs and I brought, we were all set. We did leave the hotel for dinner (with permission from the doctor's office of course). It was a good change of scenery for a little bit.

We caught a flight home the next evening, and I've been taking it easy ever since. While we wait for that moment of truth blood test, I'm instructed to reduce activity (walking is ok; jogging is not! - it's fine, I don't jog anyway) and to not lift anything over 15 pounds. I think I can manage that. My husband has been wonderful, allowing me to rest and relax. I could get used to this. ;) I'm off to tackle this whole "take it easy" gig.

If I decide to take a home pregnancy test, you all will be among the firsts to know. Stay tuned, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment