Thursday, April 7, 2016

Another bump in the road

Yesterday's baseline appointment didn't quite yield the results we would want. Although my labs came back great and my ovaries are very quiet, my uterine lining was too thick. So, even though my cycle began as planned, the lining hasn't shed enough to allow us to begin the estrace. The clinic assured me that this happens sometimes and it should only delay us by a week. I will be rechecked next Wednesday. As a result, we will no longer be transferring at the end of April; we are pushed back to the first week of May. I will have an official transfer date after we receive the results from next week's appointment. Until then, we wait. I have to remain on the Lupron, with my ovaries turned off and no synthetic hormones to fill the gap. Thankfully, the side effects have been a bit more mild this cycle. Yay!

To pass the time with all this waiting, I have been in the kitchen. I love to bake, and last weekend, I made my first batch of real homemade cinnamon rolls! I generally fear yeast baking, but I found the courage to give it a try. I am so proud.



My baking skills are waaayyyy better than my photography skills. These were fantastic! They are definitely too rich and decadent to make every weekend, but perfect for special occasions. I don't think I can blame any of my recent weight gain on the hormones any longer thanks to glorious treats like these! They're worth it. This is a more interesting than all this "hurry up and wait" that's been happening on this blog lately, don't ya think??

Check back in with me next week, friends. I hope to have better news and possibly another kitchen adventure!

1 comment:

  1. The baked goodies were a wonderful treat. My belly was so very thankful. :)

    ReplyDelete