Friday, July 7, 2017

Back from the beach and growing

We are back from a week at the beach and I'm happy to report that both adults and all 3 children remain sunburn free, hooray! (No easy feat under that South Carolina sun!) It was a pretty uneventful trip save for the rainstorms we had to drive through while traveling to and from the island. And it rained (pop up storms) almost everyday we were there, but we were still able to enjoy the beach, take a dolphin cruise that ended with a fireworks show, and take an early morning kayak trip followed by a fantastic breakfast of fresh fruit crepes. That's what I look forward to every year. ;) And of course taste the ice cream at nearly every ice cream store. I have the growing belly to prove it...

baby or sundaes??
Bump pic above was taken right after we got home - about 16.5 weeks. I'm slowly moving into some maternity tops but I'm not quite in maternity pants yet. It still looks like a bit of bloat rather than a baby, I think.

hardly noticeable from the front
My little belly companion is getting a lot more active this last week; there's no question between baby movement and digestion any longer - another milestone moment in the  journey.

I'm not holding my breath for any real big return of energy (if you remember my previous posts lamenting all the fatigue!), but I'm managing better. I'm pretty much wiped by 4p most days. I definitely need to take care of any errands or domestic duties early in the day...like baking the cherry cobbler earlier for Friday night dessert, which will likely leave me with an even bigger bump but I have to feed the baby, right?!

Thanks for catching up with me, friends. Enjoy your weekend. Check back next week for an update following my OB appointment in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment