Wednesday, December 15, 2010

20 weeks and growing!

Are you ready for this:




BAM!
20 weeks
I want to take a moment to remind my readers of something: It's likely you've noticed that my tummy seems to be growing daily. I also am aware of this so there is no need to point out the obvious. ;)
C & M were able to attend my 20 week appointment yesterday. We had a great time in the ultrasound room watching the little babes wiggle around, wave, play peek-a-boo, and even kick each other around a few times. It's amazing that their personalities are already intact and showing themselves. Preliminary reports of the scans on both babies are great: all parts of the anatomy (kidneys, stomach, brain, heart, etc) are all as they should be.
My OB was concerned that Baby B seems to be a 6-7 days behind Baby A in overall size. This is concerning because for the last 2 ultrasounds, they have only been 2 days apart. After speaking with a high-risk OB, our next course of action is to wait. Thrilling, right? We will check on the babies' growth in 1 month and see how Baby B is doing. If there is no increase in growth difference, then we will assume Baby B will be smaller. However, if Baby B is further behind in size, then we will begin to see if we can help Baby B grow through bedrest for me or possible hospital bedrest for monitoring. But in truth, we cannot look at all the scenarios for there are too many this early in the pregnancy. For now, we think positive and lift prayers. I am taking care of myself in the best way possible, I have the best OB giving me and the twins the best care, and C, M, and myself serve the best God. We're banking all our hopes on that.
In other personal news, my ovarian cysts are still present; I knew this before the ultrasound as I woke up in some deep discomfort yesterday morning and spent most of the day there. But on a positive note: my cervix is strong, keeping those babies in there!
I hope to update more, but we'll see how busy the holiday week keeps me. If I don't see you all before then, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and you enjoy all your holidays. :)

3 comments:

  1. Cute tummy! And I pray that you don't have much more discomfort from the cysts.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pictures! Will be praying for Baby B (as well as Baby A!). And of course praying for you. Hope you have a GREAT Christmas!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your belly really did pop! (Not to state the obvious or anything, haha!) Yay for growing babies & I'm crossing everything for baby B.
    Love reading your blog! Merry Christmas! : )

    ReplyDelete