Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lessons Learned

I have learned a few things since my last update here.

1. Ovarian cysts are from the devil! (I won't elaborate here because if you have them, you already know. Thankfully, it seems the pain is starting to subside a bit; let's hope!!)

2. Babies grow overnight. Exibit A:




3. Wrapping Christmas presents with said growing babies is becoming increasingly difficult.
4. A flight of stairs is now leaving me winded...and frustrated about the lack of physical activity I can enjoy these days. :/
5. Restful, peaceful sleep is a luxury I can no longer afford these days (due to the inability to find a comfortable sleeping position!)
6. The husband rather enjoys those 2nd trimester hormonal moodswings. ;)
7. Some days, I eat like I might die tomorrow...shhhh!
8. Blogging requires more motivation than I can find.
Yes, I have learned ALL that within the last week or so. Along with all that, I am doing surprisingly well physically and mentally, albeit in a very tired manner. Weight is still hanging out around 8-9lbs, depending on the day.

I am currently 18.5 weeks. I want to leave you all with this "photo" of the twins' development:
Just multiply this by 2! ;)

Babies measure approximately 5-6 inches (crown to rump) each; so, that's 10-12 inches of baby in my belly!

Oh, look what else I found:

Wonder if C would like some cookies in this shape? Hrm, maybe that's just wrong?!?

5 comments:

  1. wow! they do grow overnight! Thats crazy.
    And the cookie cutter are interesting. I don't think I like the idea of making cookies in the shape of a baby. I know I couldn't eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and will be following it. I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my first surrogate. Seems everything you said is what I'm going thru as well. Except i remember being way more tired w/my own pregnancy..but maybe that is because I could be...LOL Now i have a 3 yr old and am not allowed to be tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! Here's to much energy in the upcoming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! WTH!? A fetus cookie cutter? What is the world coming to?
    Good update! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe I'm just now seeing this update... This sure is going by quickly! (Easy for me to say, right?! HA!)

    ReplyDelete