Monday, December 27, 2010

Miss me?

Did you all miss me last week??? I'm hoping you all were enjoying the holidays so much that you didn't even notice I was gone; I was too busy holiday-ing it up to blog anyways. :) I confess the twins have been fed quite well over the last 2 weeks.

Here's the weekly belly shot:



As you can see, we are on the grow. I'm feeling super huge these days, so leaving encouraging comments would be greatly appreciated. ;) Aside from that feeling, I'm also FINALLY feeling definitive, frequent kicks and movements from the little babes. Although the placenta is still anterior and will likely continue to be so throughout the pregnancy, the twins are finally big and strong enough to kick me so I can feel it. I love that reassurance that they're in there and moving.


My ovaries are still acting up as I seem to have 2-3 episodes a month that include discomfort and horrible bloating. Fingers are still crossed that those cysts will make their way out of my ovaries very soon. I also suspect that Baby A has made him/herself comfy and cozy on my sciatic nerve (the nerve roots that come out of the spinal cord to the lower back and can extend through the buttocks and down the leg- *thank you, WebMD*), which makes me walk with a slight gimp from time to time. No worries there though as I experienced that in my previous pregnancies.


I also seem to be on the cusp of graduating from my current maternity clothing size to the next one up. I don't remember this with my other pregnancies, but I am growing 2 babies this time around.


Cute family anecdote before I leave you: The other day, as I was getting dressed, my 6yr old noticed my growing belly. Upon his observation, he said very politely and matter of factly, "Wow, mom. The babies in your belly are getting SO big." Isn't he sweet!


Twins development at 22 weeks:

Generally babies have reached the 1lb mark by this time and are developing a greater sense of touch, hearing, and sight each day. Also, fetal length during this week averages between 10-11 inches. So, I have 20inches or so of baby in my belly! And if you could peek inside my belly, this is what you might see, times 2 of course:


Until next time, readers...now, get to encouraging me! No, seriously, do it now. :)


3 comments:

  1. Lol, good post! And you look wonderful, you're doing a great job of baking those babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are great aren't they. My son compared my surro twin belly to Kung-Fu Panda. :)

    You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look Ahh-mazing, no worries at all! I can definitely tell they're growing, but that's a really, really good thing! Boys are something aren't they?! Mine is 7 and I just had to explain to him what a uterus was. Thanks Nat Geo! lol! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete