Monday, August 23, 2010

Holy Smokes

It worked! (And for the record, I do not think smoke is actually holy, but could find no other words to convey my amazement.) Our transfer a week ago "took." And by that I mean:




I'M PREGNANT (but that baby's not mine, ha! I'm going to love using that one!)
(okay, I'm not this pregnant, but somebody make me this cake, pleeeeaaase!)

My beta level came in at 251. Now I will confess that I know nothing about beta levels or what they could imply, except that the higher the beta, the more "sure" the pregnancy is at this point. I tried to look up some information on it, but there seems to be a rather large range in numbers, so I'm just happy that we're pregnant, "very pregnant" to use the words of my clinic coordinator. I will have another test for beta levels on Thursday and Monday; we definitely want to see those numbers rising rapidly. Our first ultrasound will be Sept. 13 to confirm a heartbeat.
Fortunately, I am not experiencing any symptoms yet, but it is rather early. I can however tell you that the moodiness of the progesterone will not lay off, even for a second. And my poor hubby gets the brunt of it all. I'm so thankful for a passive and forgiving husband in this....even when I asked him to leave the hotel room because his mere presence was irritating me. Go ahead and giggle -- we did after I said it, both realizing how INSANE I had just sounded. I'm glad we can laugh together through those trying moments.
My meds will remain the same until my 10th week of pregnancy. So, that means I will stay on the aspirin, the estrogen, the progesterone shots, and the prometrium. So, if you'd like a count: 5 pills/day, 1 injection, and 2 other stuffs. Oh, and prenatal vitamins of course, so make that 7 pills/day.
I just spoke with C about all this too. She is very excited, and I think we are both in little bit of disbelief. Yes, we knew what we were doing and what we had hoped, but the realization can be astonshing at first, espcailly considering pregnancy is a miracle in it's own right. This is a huge, giant step in the process for both of us and we're just getting started. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. Wooooo hooooooo!

    I did lots of happy dances for you at zumba this morning. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! How exciting! I can't believe you can tell already, it seems so soon after the implantation. So glad you are blogging about your journey :) (even if other people spill the beans before the blog entry makes it "official")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! How exciting! I bet you're both excited. What a blessing you are to this woman.

    HA! My husband's presence drives me nuts sometimes too. LOL

    I'll be praying this is an easy pregnancy for you

    ReplyDelete