Monday, December 23, 2013

Final beta, finally!

Beta results from today's labs are in, finally! I was hoping the lab I had to go to this morning would be quick but I was not so lucky. I had the lab complete by 7:45a, but results my fertility clinic didn't receive the results until 3:30p. That must sound impatient, but I'm used to getting results in 3 hours. This was a long wait today!

Now, on to the fun stuff and the real reason you're checking in today: the numbers. My beta came back at 4322! That's really good! We can't read too much into the numbers; they really only indicate the pregnancy is continuing to progress. But "normal" doubling time for beta amounts between 1200 - 6000 (mIU/mL) is 72-96 hours. Our rate is doubling at 44.68 hours. Again, we can't read too much into the numbers, but it could be that both embryos decided to stick. Even our fertility clinic noted that it was a "pretty high" number, especially considering this was a frozen embryo transfer. I'm excited for the ultrasound in a couple of weeks, yay!

In the meantime, I will just keep on keeping on, and wait for the typical first trimester symptoms to actually show up. Not that I'm begging for nausea and all the other stuff that comes with it, but it's part of it, and I'm ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment